I started out by analysing the current website and the redesigned app. I marked text copies and images I liked and made a style sheet based on the app.
sketching a few layouts for the website. Each layout was based on the redesigned app and focussed on the 4 types of website visitors. ( competitief, spontaan, methodisch en humanistisch ) I narrowed this down to 1 main focus group, based on the airline persona.
After choosing a design we both liked we started researching tools and techniques to make a prototype of the website.
The prototype was made in Sketch and animated using Principle. The prototype gave us a clear insight into the interaction and behind the website. I started coding the website a quickly realised the JS libraries required for the interactions are more than 50% of the website’s size. being one of the requirements “the website has to be lightweight” we decided this wasn’t the way to go and I returned to the drawing board.
After a little while I came up with a design the StaffTraveler CEO immediately fell in love with. It met all the requirements and delivered a professional, clear looking design.